Monday, March 17, 2008

Famous Dave's Opens in Silverdale


Famous Dave's, the largest barbecue franchise in the nation, has opened a restaurant in Silverdale! The grand opening was today, March 17, 2008, at 3276 NW Plaza Road, between Pier One Imports and Target.


I first became familiar with Famous Dave's when my friend and past client Tara S. heard we were moving to Kansas for a year. She said we absolutely HAD to go check out this barbecue joint next to the Kansas City Speedway. Turns out, we stumbled across it when we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart, and I have to say it is some of the best barbecue I have ever had, a big compliment coming from someone born in Georgia.


Famous Dave's has "five ways to get sauced", including their Georgia Mustard sauce and the Texas Pit sauce. I haven't been brave enough to try their Devil's Spit sauce yet, and I doubt that I ever will. I'll let hubby try that one out!


They serve pork ribs, barbecue brisket and barbecue chicken, with sides that include Wilbur beans, coleslaw, and corn on the cob. The service at other Famous Dave restaurants has been exceptional, even if the lines can be long at peak times.


I am definitely looking forward to dinner at Famous Dave's later this week!
Update: The phone number to Famous Dave's is 360-307-9999. They do not take reservations, but you can call ahead to find out how busy they are.

No comments: